Vurb Thrillist NYC Foodie SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Vurb Thrillist NYC Foodie Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you (or your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to the following terms and conditions in these Official Rules (the “Rules”)
- Timing. The Sweepstakes begins at [12:00am] Eastern Time (“ET”) on [November 12], 2015 and ends at [11:59 pm] ET on [December 30], 2015 (the “Promotion Period“). Online entries received prior to or after the Promotion Period are disqualified.
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous states in the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Verbify, Inc. (“Vurb”), prize suppliers, or their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and household and family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, and life partners) of these entities are not eligible to enter or win. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- How to Enter. During the Promotion Period, you can enter the Sweepstakes in the following ways:
- New users who click on a Thrillist media property as of 11/12/15 must download and signup for Vurb to have 1 entry.
For all Existing Vurb Users and new Vurb users:
Users must share the contest link in a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram post and must include #VurbFoodie – sample post could be but is not limited to
- “Use this award winning app to plan your nights out and get a chance to win a $3,000 dream trip! @VurbApp #VurbFoodie http://invite.vurb.to/thrillist-contest “
- Create and POST a Vurb Deck with at least 3 food related or city related Cards for an additional 20 entries and must include #VurbFoodie on Facebook or Twitter.
A potential Sweepstakes Winner may be requested to provide Vurb with proof that the potential Sweepstakes Winner is the owner of the winning entry and is otherwise eligible pursuant to these Rules. Limit one (1) new user download entry per person, (1) Contest share and post per person (1) Deck share entry per person. More than one (1) of each of these entries from any person will void all entries from that person, as applicable. Any attempt by a person to enter more than once may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Vurb upon verification of prize winners.
Vurb is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, garbled, illegible, undelivered, delayed or misdirected Sweepstakes entries, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise, which may occur in the processing of Sweepstakes entries. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the exclusive property of Vurb and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and are prohibited.
- Selection of Potential Winner; Prize. One (1) winner (the “Sweepstakes Winner”) will be determined by a random drawing to be conducted by Vurb on or about December 1, 2015, from among all eligible entries received. Vurb’s decisions as to all matters related to administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of winners are final. All potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Sweepstakes Winner from the drawing will be notified by email on or about [December 7], 2015. If a potential Sweepstakes Winner cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours of notification, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all eligible entries received. To receive the prize, the potential Sweepstakes Winner must contact Vurb within twenty-four (24) hours. A potential Sweepstakes Winner who does not respond within such twenty-four (24)-hour period forfeits his or her prize and an alternate potential Sweepstakes Winner will be selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate potential Sweepstakes Winner. If three (3) alternate potential Sweepstakes Winners are selected without successfully securing an eligible winner, the prize may go unawarded. The Sweepstakes Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification (or such other period determined by Vurb). Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternative potential Sweepstakes Winner.
The Sweepstakes Winner will be awarded the following prize:
$3,000 USD cash vouchers or gift cards to be used for travel, food, and other activities the winner choses to use their vouchers or giftcards for.
The Prize is subject to the following additional material conditions and restrictions:
NO CASH OR OTHER SUBSTITUTIONS ARE PERMITTED, EXCEPT BY VURB, WHO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE THE PRIZE WITH ONE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE.
All federal, state and local taxes related to the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Sweepstakes Winner. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed in the Prize description above are the Sweepstakes Winner’s sole responsibility. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. No transfer of the Prize is permitted.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- General Conditions. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of courts (state and federal) located in New York, New York for any causes or controversies arising out of the Sweepstakes. Each participant waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to these courts. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the United States and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry.Except where prohibited by law, the Sweepstakes Winner grants to Vurb and its advertising agencies the right to use and publish their photos, proper names, likeness, voices, opinions, biographical information and state in any media to promote Vurb and the Sweepstakes without additional compensation.By entering, participants release and hold harmless Vurb and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents and all social media platforms on which the Sweepstakes has been promoted (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize.The Sweepstakes Winner will indemnify the Released Parties against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
Vurb reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or fairness of the Sweepstakes as determined by Vurb in its sole discretion.
If, in Vurb’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Vurb reserves the right in its sole discretion to void any entries at issue (including disqualifying any individual who tampers with the entry process), and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, Vurb reserves the right to award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before the time of cancellation.
Vurb assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries. Vurb is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry received by Vurb on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE VURB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
445 Bush St. Ste. 400
San Francisco, CA 94108
Verbify, Inc. (Vurb) is the sole sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
8. Winners List and Copy of Rules. Sweepstakes results and copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Thrillist Media Group, Inc., 568 Broadway, Suite 506, New York, NY 10012. Results will be available on or about [December 8], 2015. Requests for results must be received by [December 7 – 7 months after winners selected], 2015.
/END OF OFFICIAL RULES/
©2015 Thrillist Media Group, Inc. Thrillist Media Group is a registered trademark of Thrillist Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.